The protection of individuals’ personal data is a priority for PI Import Sa, and more importantly a legal obligation (the GDPR came into effect on 25/5/2018) that PI Import prioritises.
In this section on data protection, we want to explain how we protect the rights and liberties of the individuals, clients and employees in question (“data subjects”) when we process personal data, including hard copies and electronically.
We pay particular attention to the riskier processing of personal data, such as (if applicable) using data for specific purposes, taking appropriate technical and organisational measures when processing, sharing this data with other parties etc. We also monitor the processing of our staff’s and other stakeholders’ personal data. Particularly when we use technology which, without any protection, could result in a privacy breach.
The provision of quality products and/or services is an absolute priority for PI Import. An important aspect here is the high quality processing of personal data. PI Import’s management pursues this policy to make sure that everybody’s rights and liberties are always respected when processing personal data.
In practical terms, the following objectives are pursued insofar as they apply.
PI Import Sa
- Is transparent when it comes to the personal data that it processes. Is transparent about the purpose of the processing, both with the individual concerned and with their supervisor. Communication is authentic, easily accessible and understandable. The principle of transparency also applies when personal data is shared.
- Only processes data that is relevant in terms of carrying out tasks. Any task involving the processing of personal data is lawful. This means, among other things, that the processing complies with PI Import’s legal and statutory objectives. An assessment is carried out whenever a new type of processing is identified.
- only processes personal data that is strictly necessary for the completion of activities.
- Oversees the integrity of personal data throughout the processing cycle.
- Does not keep data any longer than necessary. The necessity is looked at in relation to the legal obligations and the rights and freedoms of the data subject.
- reports any breaches resulting from the processing of personal data. Information security, data protection when it comes to design and parameters that respect privacy by default are the tools used for this. When a breach occurs, it is reported in accordance with the rules in force.
- is able to enforce all the applicable rights of a data subject, such as the right to access, copy and, if necessary, delete. PI Import hereby monitors any restrictions applicable to these rights.
- actively makes sure that the processing of personal data for specific purposes and the rights and freedoms (for example the right to portability) of the data subject remain protected.
- processes the data in accordance with the rights and freedoms that apply within the European Economic Area and controls their application when the data is shared externally. PI Import therefore complies with all legal and regulatory frameworks (namely Walloon, Flemish, Federal and European rules) when it comes to processing personal data, and, to this end, has demonstrated its responsibility as far as personal data is concerned. PI Import also monitors and applies the codes of conduct in force in the industry.
- can demonstrate that it complies with all the objectives of the GDPR policy and regulations, in accordance with legal provisions. This accountability is enforceable in accordance with the legal principles in force.
Our website address is: https://www.bambootouch.com/en
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
While you use the plugin, WPML will share data regarding the site through Installer. No data from the user itself will be shared.
This site utilizes caching in order to facilitate a faster response time and better user experience. Caching potentially stores a duplicate copy of every web page that is on display on this site. All cache files are temporary, and are never accessed by any third party, except as necessary to obtain technical support from the cache plugin vendor. Cache files expire on a schedule set by the site administrator, but may easily be purged by the admin before their natural expiration, if necessary. We may use QUIC.cloud services to process & cache your data temporarily.Please see https://quic.cloud/privacy-policy/ for more details.
Added cookie “__lc_cid (customerId)”: The purpose of this cookie is to verify the identity of a customer created in LiveChat.
Added cookie “__lc_cst (customerSecureToken)”: This is used to verify the customer’s security token, and reinforces the confidentiality of exchanges with LiveChat.
These cookies expire in two years. These cookies do not store any personal information that would enable someone to identify your customer, such as name, IP address, geolocation, etc. The rest of the information we do have is stored in the device’s LocalStorage. Storing information in the LocalStorage ensures that, unlike cookies, it cannot be accessed by domains whose origin is different from the domain of the software that originally stored it. As a result, third-party trackers will not be able to access and target the data stored by us.